Sunday, May 4, 2014

I've got birthdays on the brain.

Yesterday my husband's cousin's baby girl had her first birthday party. It was super cute and it was something I'd never seen done before...a breakfast birthday party at 10am. I was way late of course, nothing new there, but the theme was so cute. Here is the invitation...
Zoey got ahold of it and chewed off the right corner a bit. The invitations were all hand made and the party colors were all done in the "Tiffany's" blue and white. We were all encouraged to come dressed in our best pearls as it says on the invite and everyone looked great! And check out this cake!
We also got "Tiffany's" look alike jewelry boxes with candy bracelets inside as our gift for attending. The whole thing was just adorable and it got me thinking about my own children's upcoming birthday parties. 

Lily's actual birthday is May 11th, which also happens to be Mother's Day this year so we decided to have her party the weekend after. She is obsessed with Cinderella so we are throwing her a princess party. The big surprise is that Cinderella herself will be attending. I can't wait to see Lily's face when she meets her idol. We've never hired an actor for a birthday party before but I've been to other parties where they had a princess come and it was great. All I need to do now is figure out the food/snacks, get a cake and decorations, and put together some gift bags. Ok, I have a lot more to do than I thought but at least I still have 2 weeks to do it. 
Emma and Zoey's birthday isn't until September 3rd but that didn't stop me from thinking about their first birthday party. I looked up some themes online and the three I like the best so far are:
Sugar & Spice
2 peas in a pod
Thing 1 & Thing 2
All of which are very common themes. 
My search will continue and maybe I'll come up with something a little more original. If anyone who reads this has any ideas at all, please feel free to let me know!
Until then...Pinterest here I come! 




2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you had a blog. Im just now reading this. I'm so glad you enjoyed the party! I'll look back at what my twin birthday ideas were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could do a Noah theme (you know, the animals came in 2 x 2). Or a rainbow theme. Everything is rainbow colored & the twins are the pots of gold ;)

    ReplyDelete