Friday, July 18, 2014

Ready or not, Here we come!

It's finally here. The day I've been dreaming about for months. The day my husband and I leave for the beach without the kids. I am going to get a whole week to just breathe and relax and recharge my batteries!! You would think I would be absolutely estatic, and I am, but I'm also feeling anxious, nervous, even a little sad. 

My parents are the greatest. It's been a rough year. Being pregnant with the twins was hard and then having them and taking care of them up to this point was even harder. And helping my 4 year old deal with suddenly not being an only child x2 also had it's challenges. Some days she is more difficult to deal with than the twins. So, when my Dad offered to get us a condo on the beach, I jumped on it. A free place to stay at the beach for a week? Uh, no brainer. Then, on top of it, they offered to watch our children AND gave us a bit of spending money!! So incredibly generous and selfless and I truly cannot thank them enough. They are giving us so much more than a beach condo at a nice resort, free childcare, and money. They are giving us time. Time for me to rediscover myself, time to make some memories with my best friend who is joining us for the first 2 days of our trip, and time for my husband and I to fall even deeper in love and spend some quality time together. Again, I really cannot thank them enough. I don't even know how to begin to show them my gratitude for this. 

As thrilled as I am about all of that, this will also be the longest I've ever been away from my 3 beautiful girls. I am going to miss them so bad it's hurts. I know that. But I also know that they will be in the best possible hands. And this will be such a great opportunity for them to bond with their grandparents. I just can't help but worry, it's just in my nature. It's so hard to just let go but I'm going to have to.  All I have to say is thank goodness for FaceTime. 

On top of the emotional roller coaster that I'm on this morning, there are the normal worries that come along with any vacation. Packing for a family of 5 is a huge job. I have to make sure the kids have everything that they need for a week, that we have everything that we will need for a week, and make sure that our pets have everything that they need. That's a lot of stuff and I fear that I will inevitably forget something. As I'm writing this, I just remembered 2 more things that I need to pack. I better get moving 😊. 

Beach vacation, ready or not, here we come! 


1 comment: