Thursday, July 31, 2014

So THAT just happened...

**WARNING: If you are eating something either put it down or do not read this. 

Well, quite possibly the most disgusting moment of my life just happened. 
Zoey was being fussy even after I held her for a minute so I checked her diaper and sure enough she had pooped. She had obviously been constipated. Her poop was little round hard balls. After getting her cleaned up and changed, I set the dirty diaper folded up on the coffee table. Jeremy's phone had been ringing while I was mid-change so I went downstairs to let him know that someone had called (thinking it was important or about work or something). I came upstairs back into the living room and I noticed that Emma was chewing something. Then she made a face and spit out something brown. My first thought was, "where the heck did she get chocolate?".  And then I saw it, little pieces of poo surrounding Emma. One piece had a little chunk out of it and there was also some in her hand. OH MY GOSH!! My kid just ate poop!!!! I was absolutely horrified. My baby girl had just pulled the diaper off of the table and took a big bite of her sisters crap. SO GROSS! I wanted to run away and go throw up but I couldn't. I immediately grabbed the wipes and got the shit out of her hand. Then I shoved them in her mouth, getting everything I could out of it. Then I took her to the sink, rinsed out her mouth, and gave her a bottle of milk. 
She was totally unscathed and happy as a clam but I on the other hand was freaking out. Could this hurt her? Will she get sick? Will she throw up? Ugh, I am such a bad mother. Why couldn't I have just thrown the diaper away before I ran downstairs for a minute? 
As Emma cheerfully drank her milk, I scoured the internet. What I found put me a little bit at ease. Apparently, this has happened to other moms as well. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one! That fact alone made me feel better. The more I read, the more I realized that my poop eating baby should be just fine. I'm going to keep an eye on her of course and watch for any symptoms but so far, she is still as happy as could be. Mama is still mortified (and still a little queasy) but I will live...I think. 😨😷😖


Emma, after the incident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment