Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My 2015 Resolution Part 1

This post is a little late considering it's almost February but I still wanted to write about it. 
I hope all of you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day. Mine sucked! I am a bit of a party animal and it has been really  hard coming to the realization that when you have 3 young kids you just can't party the way you used to. Not only do we not have the money to spend on lavish events, overpriced cocktails, and ridiculous babysitting rates, but we also just don't have the luxury of nursing a hangover the next day. We have 3 humans that depend on us for everything so even if we go to bed around 2am we will still have to get up around 6am when the kids get up. 
Also, none of my really close friends have children yet so I feel left out when they all go out and have a wonderful crazy night together. Jealousy is not a good look for me. 

So this year, as I struggled to keep my eyes open to watch the ball drop on TV (I didn't make it), I made a promise to myself. I made it a goal to make some new friends. Preferably ones that live close enough to me to be able to see each other more than once a month. Maybe some friends that also have children who fully understand what it's like. I got pretty excited about this new idea of mine until I realized that I don't even know how to make new friends. It's not like I'm in school or involved in any clubs or organizations. I came to the conclusion that I would start a Facebook group and the next day I did just that. I called it "Girlfriends of NOVA", and I advertised it on a local yardsale site, hoping to attract women who live close to me. 
To my surprise, lots of women joined. The group grew from just a few of us to over 150 women in just 24 hours. I couldn't be happier. 
We had a "girls night out" get together and we are having another one this Friday. 
I am really hoping that I make at least a couple new friends out of all of this. I know it won't happen overnight but at least I'm trying. 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful year and may all of your dreams and wishes come true! 



No comments:

Post a Comment